lab work done

Lab work done

Yesterday I got my lab work done. I had taken a cab to the hospital and then when I was done, I walked to the train station. I had used my last cab voucher so I couldn’t take a cab home. As I was walking, it was getting harder to breathe and I started getting palpitations. I found a spot to rest and rested for a few minutes until my heart calmed down a bit. I continued walking and by the time I made it to the street where the station was, I was out of breath again and having palpitations. I rested a bit as it was a green light and I couldn’t cross. Once it was safe to cross, I continued to the other side of the street where there was a CVS and I got a water as I was thirsty. I was also sweating a lot. My shirt was already soaked.

The rest of my journey home went ok. I felt fine. No chest pain or anything. I ordered food for supper. I finished and used the bathroom. Went upstairs to my room and got palpitations again except this time I was having a stabbing pain in my chest. I rested for a few minutes but it wasn’t going away. I took my pulse ox and my heart rate was over 100. Fuck. I texted my sister to see if she was home. She was so I went downstairs and asked her to give me a ride to the hospital. She had plans so we decided to call an ambulance.

I had grabbed my bag with the catheters in it but I didn’t bring my wallet with me. I totally forgot it. I got sent to the ED and had a cranky attending doc that said he didn’t think it was my heart. OK what was it then? He said he didn’t know. Soon after another nurse came in and sent me to another part of the ED. I sat in a chair and waited. Someone called me for an X-ray of my chest. They had done the EKG and I guess it was fine. About an hour later, the nurse came and said she was going to put an IV in me to make blood drawing easier. I was fine with that. She couldn’t get me so another nurse tried and got me. The first cardiac marker they drew was higher than my previous one that I had in like April. The second was one point lower. I got discharged. I wanted to speak with the attending about what the cardiac marker testing meant and he never fucking came. I was bullshit because the nurse couldn’t answer my question. I didn’t want to wait anymore so I left. I sent my pcp a message asking what does the values mean. I got an answer today. She thinks that my activity during the day caused the enzyme to be elevated. They said I did the right thing but the next time this happens I am just going to take a pain med and call it a day. I guess the attending wrote that he suspected that I had costochondritis causing the pain. Nice of him to not tell me that. It wasn’t in my discharge paperwork. I was bullshit. Then the ED called asking me how I was feeling and if I wanted to provide feedback. I said yeah, it would have been nice if the attending had told me he was discharging me after the second enzyme test and what the test result meant.

Today I didn’t do much. I didn’t sleep well. I kept on having bad dreams or bad cramps in my feet. Even as I rested after breakfast, I got severe cramps in my foot. I don’t know why I am having them. It is very painful. My TG doc got back to me. My T level is low so she is increasing the dose. I went to pick up my meds in the square. Then I went to Starbucks for some lunch and a small latte as it was late in the afternoon. I don’t want to be up all night again.

I might have to back to the Square tomorrow to pick up my T as they are calling in a new script. We’ll see.

One thought on “lab work done

any thoughts?

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s