docs leaving

Docs leaving

Yesterday I got a message from my primary care office that my pcp will be leaving as of Jan. Today I had an appointment with my urologist and she told me she is leaving in Jan as well. Two good docs gone from the same institution. Now I am to see a creepy old doc as he is the only other neuro urologist in the department. I am hoping to see his PA as I was told he was better so we’ll see. I am upset that I am down two doctors in the same time. I knew my pcp would be leaving soon as he found someone to take his place and I guess he found someone. Until they get introduced I am to see the covering doctor for my PCP needs.

I sent my therapist and psych a letter about this and that my bladder is fucked up. It is atonic in addition to being neurogenic. Basically it doesn’t function like it should anymore. This is from nerve damage from the tethered cord and cauda equina syndrome. Treatment for it is more medication. She gave me another bladder med, wants me to resume taking Flomax, and increase the dose of my muscle relaxant tizanidine. I have to go through my neuro for dosage adjustment for the tizanidine. She also wants me to see a pelvic floor specialist before she leaves. I don’t know if that is possible. I got to call tomorrow and see if I can get an appointment even though I am going to PT for my shoulder and back. She wants to see if loosening the tight muscles will help my bladder.

I went to the pharmacy to pick up the new bladder med. I also picked up meds for my sister. The line was so damn long and not moving for a while. It really sucked but while I was waiting, I saw some snickerdoodle cookies and snagged them. They were only a buck so I will have them tomorrow with my morning coffee. I came home and was short of breath. The little hill always makes me short of breath when I go up my street. I also had to walk the length of the driveway to my sister’s apartment because the front stairs are being worked on and we can’t use the front door. I think we can tomorrow as I saw the yellow tape was down. My mother made spaghetti with sauce so I had some. It was very good. There was a sausage in the gravy so I had that. It was so good and hit the spot.

I am tired. I had woken up around 0030 last night and couldn’t go back to sleep. So I colored. It calmed me down enough that I could go back to sleep. Tomorrow I have my eye exam. I haven’t received my insurance card but I have it on my phone if they need it. I also didn’t get my new credit card that I planned on using to get new glasses. They will have to wait. I might get them online as they are cheaper. The glasses I am wearing I got online and only paid less than a hundred bucks for it.

any thoughts?

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s