Recipe Dirty Gravy
There are variants of this and you can add stuff as always, like onions to the ground beef
For the sauce:
3-4 Cloves of garlic, chopped
2 tablespoons of oil or enough to coat the bottom of the pan
1 tsp black pepper (more if you like)
1-3 leaves of fresh basil (okay if not available)
2 tbsp dried basil
2 tbsp dried oregano
2 tbsp dried parsley
2 cans of 28 oz crushed tomatoes (I like Pastene brand)
1 tsp sugar (optional)
In large saucepan, coat the bottom of pan with oil as you chop the garlic. When oil is heated, throw in garlic and brown. Once brown, pour in the cans of tomatoes, one at a time. Then have 1 and ½ can of water (2 full if want less thick sauce). Bring to boil, add herbs, sugar, and seasoning. Let boil for a full 5 minutes then bring to a simmer. Cook on low heat for 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally so bottom doesn’t burn.
Ground beef (usually I cook a pound and a half) with just ground black pepper. You can add salt if you like. Once sauce is at the hour and half mark, throw in cooked ground beef that has been drained. Then serve with pasta of your choice once sauce is done.
Copycat Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits
• 3 c. all-purpose flour
• 2 tbsp. baking powder
• 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
• 1 1/2 sticks butter, cold and chopped
• 1 3/4 c. whole milk
• 2 tsp. garlic powder
• 1 1/2 c. shredded sharp Cheddar
• 1/2 c. butter
• 1 tbsp. Freshly Chopped Parsley
• 1 tsp. garlic powder
1. Preheat oven to 400°. Combine flour, baking powder, salt and butter in a large mixing bowl and use an electric mixer to combine, starting slow and working your way up to medium speed, until you’ve formed a dough with pea-sized lumps. Slowly add in milk (keep the mixer on low to avoid splashes).
2. Fold in garlic powder and cheese. Use a spoon to place 2″ blobs of dough onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake until lightly golden, 18 to 20 minutes.
3. Melt butter in 20-second intervals in the microwave, stirring in between, until fully melted. Stir in parsley and garlic powder. Brush mixture on top of each biscuit as soon as they’re out of the oven and serve immediately.
Cheesecake Sugar Cookies
Cooking spray for pan
1 16.5 oz tube sugar cookie dough
½ c cinnamon sugar
6 oz cream cheese, softened
¼ c sugar
½ tsp vanilla
6 oz cool whip
Preheat Oven to 350 degrees and grease two 12 cup muffin pain with cooking spray. Slice the cookie dough into 20 parts, then press each disc of dough into a muffin cup, patting the sides down gently to form a well
Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the cookies are slightly golden.
As soon as they are out, use a shot glass sprayed with cooking spray to gently press down the center of each cookie. Set tray aside to cool for at least 20 minutes. Remove from baking tray to cool completely on wire rack
Meanwhile, make Cheesecake filling, In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Gently fold in Cool Whip
Spoon filling into cooled cookie cups, smoothing the top with an offset spatula and serve.