Random 667

Random 667

I saw my neurologist today. It was more of a catch up appointment as I wasn’t really having too much nerve pain. I told her it had quieted down a month after my father’s death. She already knew so I didn’t have to tell her. I was grateful because I wasn’t sure how I was going to be if I had to tell her. I told her about the New York Times article, which I thought I sent her but I guess I didn’t because she doesn’t recall it. So I sent it to her this evening when I came home.

It took me a long time to get home than it did getting there. My ankle was a mess by the time I got home. I am glad I took my cane with me. I am in wicked pain and tomorrow I have to go out again. I don’t have to do much walking.

I should have taken a trilafon before leaving the house but I didn’t want to be drowsy. Big mistake. I got really paranoid and psychotic while on the bus and on the train. When I got to the new station I put my music on and it helped with the noises in my head. I knew I had a long train ride so I brought my Kindle. I read on the way to the appointment, which helped quiet down the voices more. By the time I reached my appointment, I was less paranoid. It helped that the train didn’t have that many people on it. I was going toward the end of the line anyways. Coming back home was a different story. Crowds were on the train as people were coming home from work and the places they were visiting. I was kicking myself for not bringing any meds with me.

I was starving by the time I reached home. I ordered a pastrami sub and fries. My mother bought me Oreo ice cream. I had a couple spoons and that was all I could stomach. I got pretty full off the fries. Oreos are my true cookie weakness. I had bought three packages of Oreo thins and I am down to my last pack. They are like potato chips, you can’t eat just one.

I forgot to tell my neuro about the atypical migraines. I guess we’ll have to wait and see if I get another one. I had a rough night sleeping. I went to bed around 2200 or a bit later and then woke up around midnight. I checked messages on my phone. I meant to take some meds because my arms were spazzing on me for some reason and felt like spaghetti. I rolled over on my back and fell asleep. I then woke up three hours later with my back hurting me. I can’t sleep on my back for this reason. I took some meds and waited for them to work.

While I was up, I wrote FB a message of what I just described. A friend in California texted me a little after I sent the message. It was almost 0400 and I had no idea who would be texting me at that hour. It was her. She had some news to tell me. So we talked for about an hour or until I got really drowsy from the meds. It was close to 0500 when I went back to sleep. When I woke up later this morning, I so needed coffee. I made my Pike’s and it was so good. I was contemplating going to Starbucks when I reached the Square on the way home but the bus was there and I really wanted to get home to take some pain meds. My ankle was not too happy with me. I forgot I had turned my phone’s sound off while I was at the doctor’s office. I had a missed call from my friend. She didn’t leave a message so I didn’t call her back. I am sure I will talk to her later tonight.

1 Comment

any thoughts?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s