Shopping, Haircut and Other Things

I ordered my groceries and paid my bills this morning. It was too early to go to Starbucks so I just tried to sleep. Then my sister called me saying that my mother had gone shopping and would I help bring the stuff in. So I went downstairs and carried the bags up. She bought some of the same things I bought so I took them off my list. By the time I helped put the groceries away and stuff, I missed the bus I wanted to take so had to wait another hour.

I tried to take a nap but it was useless. I wasn’t tired after all the activity. I played on the laptop and then before I knew it, it was time to get dressed and catch the bus. Luckily Starbucks wasn’t crowded. I wanted espresso over ice but instead ordered a cold brew. It was watered down so much that it didn’t even taste like coffee. I was disappointed. Next time I will get the espresso. I wrote in my journal for a little while and then got my haircut.

I was going to get my T-pass for the month but it was close to the next bus leaving for home so I will do that tomorrow. My mother wanted me to go to Walgreens to get her stamps. If she had called me earlier, I would have gone to the post office. I don’t know why she likes Walgreens over the post office. It’s the same stamps at the same price. Doesn’t make sense to me.

On the way home as I got off the bus, my ankle kinked up on me. I had my cane with me so I didn’t have to drag it along for the next few blocks. I am reluctantly carrying it with me even on days that I am not hurting because I just don’t know what will set it off. Better safe than sorry. On the last block that I hate walking down, there were two bookcases that I so wanted to grab but there was no way I could carry one of them down the street, let alone two. They would have been perfect for my room and best of all, they were free.

I came home empty handed and took a shower. I wanted to get the excess hair off my head and shoulders from the haircut. My ankle didn’t like it but I needed one. I thought about shaving but I didn’t want to aggravate my ankle more than it already was. My mother was cooking dinner so I just had to wait for the food to be done. I was sweating when I got out of the shower even though I used cool water. It’s kind of warm today. I just went upstairs and cooled off in my room. I also wanted to give the pain meds some chance of working before going back down the stairs for supper.

I’ve had a long day and I am tired. I am trying to stay up to at least hear the game but I don’t know if I will be too successful. We won last night and are still tied for first place because the stinking Blue Jays won as well. I want first all to ourselves so I hope the Jays lose tonight.

Published by

G. Collerone

suicide attempt survivor writing about the hopelessness that accompanies depression that no one likes to talk about. also writing about my daily struggle with chronic pain and how it affects my suicidality

any thoughts?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s