procrastinating Saturday

Procrastinating Saturday

I woke up early this morning due to pain and a full bladder. I checked Twitter and one of my Twitter buddies posted that they saw hooves on April the giraffe. I quickly went to the bathroom and then checked Facebook to see if my groups had any info. They posted a link to watch the live birth and I clicked on it using my phone. It took a couple hours for this baby to be born but it was so amazing to see.

I wanted to work on my blog project but things kept on getting in the way. I was procrastinating and the baby giraffe didn’t help. It was a distraction but it also made me fall in love more with giraffes. My friend who is south of Boston started texting me as I was ready to start typing the blog. I just couldn’t do it. So I was texting my friend and his wife for a bit. We agreed to meet up next weekend. I haven’t seen them since January and miss them. Then my other friend PM’d me and I was bombarded between messenger and texts. My battery was drained due to watching the live feed this morning of the giraffe being born so I had to charge my phone.

The friend that PM’d me was telling me about her problems and I was sharing mine with the chronic pain condition that we have. I’m starting to think she is a little bit of a hypochondriac, but I could be wrong. We all want answers to our symptoms and will see what fits and what doesn’t.

Another reason I was procrastinating was that I got a pain flare up. My foot got cold and when I went to put on the sock, the elastic rubbed my ankle the “wrong” way and caused it to be in intense pain. I was seeing stars for a few minutes and then I could feel my ankle spasming. Hello Ativan and pain meds. My mother made eggplant as she is making eggplant parmigiana tomorrow. It smelled so good I risked going downstairs to have some. It gave me great pain but I didn’t care. I was hungry.

I got a text from Walgreens saying my prescription was ready to be picked up so I went. Bad idea. My foot is killing me and felt like I was walking on rocks the whole way and back. It was warm out so of course I sweated from pain and heat. I had to take a strong pain pill when I got home. I think that is the only way out of this flare up that I am in.

While I was sleeping, my android system downloaded a new update. It’s doing its thing now so I don’t have any more distractions while writing this blog. I don’t know why I have been extremely distracted today. I just don’t have the motivation to do anything and I know being in a flare up doesn’t help. I think I am going to try and read the CBT book later this evening. I had an eggplant sandwich while I was downstairs before I left for Walgreens so I shouldn’t be hungry later. I don’t think I will type up what I wrote for my blog project. I just don’t have the patience to read my handwriting and type. I did start a word doc this morning before the calf was born and then it just happened. The birth was pretty fast once the head came out. I am so glad I saw it. It truly was amazing to see. They haven’t named him yet, though some of the people in the groups want to name him Apollo. I am fine with that! It’s a cool name.

When I went downstairs to make my sandwich, my mother wanted me to get a baking dish for her. I think that is what set off my foot pain while walking to Walgreens. I had to put my weight on my foot to get on and off the chair. I don’t know why contractors have to put cabinet shelves so damn high that only tall people can reach them. Ridiculous!

I had another weird dream last night. This one included Wil Wheaton and his wife, Anne. So bizarre. Other than remembering they were in my dream, I don’t remember any other details. I have to take a shower but it won’t be tonight. I am hoping it will be tomorrow morning before Easter dinner. I hope my pain levels will be down by then. Being in pain the last few days has really taken a toll on me. I emailed my psychiatrist in desperation the other night asking if I could hack my ankle off. She didn’t respond.

I had a good talk with my sister today about things. We exchanged our frustrations over stuff. It was good to talk to her as we haven’t really talked that way in a while. She is always busy with her kid or husband so it is hard to talk to her at times.

One thought on “procrastinating Saturday

any thoughts?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s