Labor Day 2017

Labor Day 2017

I slept for a few hours and woke up around 0915. I figure I would make the cookies while my mother was over my aunt’s. Around 0940, she still hadn’t left the house and I was thinking she didn’t feel good to go down the street. I went downstairs and she was using the oven. I asked her what she was making and she said she was defrosting eggplant for the BBQ. My text went off from my sister and as she was talking about this BBQ, the text said BBQ at 1, and my address. I laughed and showed my mother the text. I replied to my sister saying that the BBQ was too far and I didn’t think I could make it, LOL. I asked how long my mother was going to use the oven for because I wanted to make these cookies. She said just till the eggplant is defrosted. I said okay and started preparing.

I zested the lemons and juiced them. The cookies called for the juice of 1 lemon. The ones I bought were small so I used two. I hoped it wouldn’t be overpowering. The frosting called for 2 lemons so I juiced those and set it aside. By the time that was done, my mother was finished with the oven so I increased the temperature to what I needed. The dough was thick as the recipe said it would be. I got to use my new cookie scooper. It make it really easy to put the dough on the baking sheets. I did have to fiddle with the temperature because after the called for time, the cookies weren’t done. Then the higher temps burned the cookies that were on the bottom rack. CRAP. By this time, my ankle was killing me. I let the cookies cool a bit before tasting them. It was good. I had to throw away the burnt cookies as they didn’t taste good, even though I tried to scrape away the burnt bottom. Oh well. I will definitely make these cookies again. I didn’t frost them as my ankle was too sore and I really don’t like frosting on cookies. Maybe for the holidays.

My mother made her eggplant parm and I took a shower, which further annoyed my ankle. I really didn’t want to go to my sister’s BBQ but I can’t pass up BBQ food. I brought some cookies down and my niece liked them. I had a couple burgers and some steak tips. By the time I was finished, so was my ankle. It was giving me the heave ho. I felt bad because my brother in law’s family came over at this time. I hadn’t seen them in a while and would have loved hanging out with them. But I had to put my ankle up on my bed. I said my goodbyes and as I was going up the stairs, my ankle gave way. It didn’t want to work anymore. Great. I dragged it up the two flights of stairs.

I got into bed and then my ankle bone exploded really bad in pain. Strong pain med time! I took a short nap and when I came back up the stairs my bones in my foot were in a lot of pain. I cried. It’s one thing to be in my normal pain but to have bone pain hurts more. Other than relieving my bladder, I’m not leaving my room. The weather was finally a little warmer today so I have the AC on. I’m going to try and read a book this evening as I am cooped up. I hope I am better by tomorrow because I told my barber I would bring him some of the cookies. I see my psych the end of the week and I’m going to bring her some as well.

2 thoughts on “Labor Day 2017

any thoughts?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s