PT and other boring things

PT and other boring things

I woke up with ankle pain, like someone was trying to scoop out my ankle bone. It hurt worse if I bear weight on it. I took a shower, which just made things worse. I had about two hours before I had to leave for PT. I was thinking about canceling it because it hurt so bad. I took a strong pain pill as it would be at least three hours before I could take my regular pain meds. The meds seemed to bring it down a few notches so I went to PT. I had a protein bar as I was hungry. I thought about going to the donut shop but the bus got there later than expected and I didn’t have time to grab something.

PT asked how I was and I said a lot of pain. She said we would be doing mirror therapy. It was weird and I was a little freaked out. She kept pointing to my image of my right foot and calling it my left as I was moving it. I seriously had to think why wasn’t my foot moving when it was. Then it dawn on me that it was really my right foot not my left. The pain kind of subsided a little but my foot got really cold, like ice. I wasn’t bracing going home. The PT gave me a list of all the exercises I was to do but I can pick and choose to my tolerance level. She wanted me to focus on the ankle range of motion exercises more than the others and to also use the app. I am starting to hate the app but didn’t tell her that. I am supposed to do it 2-4 times a day. I’m lucky if I do it 3 times a week. My scores are improving though, so I guess that is good.

I luckily didn’t have to wait too long for the bus and it was the one that would take me home so I didn’t have to transfer when it got to the station. I just listened to music the whole way. When I got off the bus, my phone came off my belt, clip and all. WTF I have no idea why it did that. I fixed it and made sure it was securely on. I then went to the bakery to get some bread for my mother. My foot was aching so bad from being cold. I decided I was going to order out for dinner/lunch. My cousin was over the house so I waited for him to leave before I ordered. It was good. I’ll probably have cereal if I am hungry later.

My check came in today so I payed all my bills and ordered some stuff on Amazon. I thought my mother would be going to the bank today but she couldn’t get a ride. That means I got to wait till Monday for things to clear to know what I truly have left. I planned on going to the grocery store tomorrow but it kind of got worse after I had my food delivered and is going up by the hour. I just decided to order online and have it delivered. There is no way I can walk around a grocery store, do shopping, bring it home, lug it up the stairs, put it away and not suffer. Better to just have them deliver it and then I can put it away, even though that means paying a little more for it. Kills me that my tuna used to be $1.79 is now $2.09. At the cheap grocery store it is 3 for $5.

Friday I am hoping to have lunch with a friend of mine in Boston. We met through the Boston Alliance for Gay and Lesbian Youth (BAGLY). Not sure what the acronym is now as they have included transgender and questioning kids. It will be good to see her as we haven’t seen each other in years. We bumped into each other when I was working at the hospital every now and then but we only talked for a few minutes. It will be good to catch up with her. I just hope my pain is down by then.

any thoughts?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s