rainy Wednesday

Rainy Wednesday

I got up at my normal time. I don’t remember if I had breakfast or not. I think I just had a cup of tea that my friend in the UK sent me. It was delicious. I really enjoyed it. I then set off to go to the hospital to drop off a urine specimen to see if I have an infection or not. It was weird because the bus was restricted to just the rear doors. You couldn’t pay your fare as the driver was blocked off. I had my walker and it was okay getting on and off the bus. I did have to pay for the trains. I had money on my card so I wasn’t worried. I then made my way to where I had to go for the lab. I had trouble getting the urine in the cup. I didn’t ask for a hat so some of the urine went to waste as I didn’t catch it all. I was pretty tired by the time I got to the hospital but I trudged on. Getting home was easier. I was really exhausted by the time I got home. I didn’t realize how tired I was until I started dozing off and almost fell off my bed. I leaned over a little too far and nearly fell. That was when I decided to lay down for a proper nap. Soon as I got settled, the results of my test came through. It does look like I have an infection. I need to wait two days for the culture to come back. I sent a message to my uro and then I crashed for a couple of hours.

It felt good to nap as my back and ankle were screaming at me. I had taken a breakthrough med and some Zanaflex for the spasms in my back. I didn’t want to take Ativan as that would really knock me out. I won’t be going back out again, unless it is to the pharmacy to pick up my medication, when the culture comes back. I have one prescription that needs to be picked up but it can wait till tomorrow. I will pick it up after PT if I am feeling up to it. Last time PT made me really tired and I needed a nap. She is going to be here between 1030 and 11 so I need to make sure I have eaten before she gets here and also have my coffee. I haven’t heard from the OT person and hope I don’t. I think she tried calling me last night but I ignored the call. No message was left though so I don’t know if it was her or not. I didn’t receive any phone calls today.

any thoughts?

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s